Cruden is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer and integrator of professional open architecture driving simulators for the automotive, motorsport, marine and motorcycle industries. We supply flexible, durable, high performing real-time simulators and their modular components: hardware, software, vehicle models, content and screens and projectors. We supply automotive OEMs and tier 1 automotive suppliers, race teams and motorsport engineering institutes, in addition to universities and research institutes. Cruden’s team of vehicle dynamicists, software developers, mechanical engineers and project managers brings more than 20 years’ expertise in simulator development.
Cruden is looking for a motivated project manager to join its team. The role will be responsible for leading and managing simulator installations and ongoing technical matters for customers in the professional motorsports, automotive, R&D and training markets. The project manager will be able to focus on achieving deadlines and assure solutions are realised to the highest standard, on time and within budget.
The project manager will be responsible from the beginning of the project until the post-installation handover and commissioning at the customer’s site. This is not a largely desk-based job; the position involves active project implementation. There is a requirement to control and manage a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously and a duty to report on progress through Cruden’s administrative system to the operations manager.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, flexible and extremely pragmatic. The role will not suit those with a preference for a “9 to 5” job. The candidate must be willing to travel globally and work autonomously as well as in a team. A passion for cars or motorsport is an advantage.
Good communication skills are essential, especially as the project manager is the key interface between the company and our diverse customer base.
Responsibilities & duties
- Manage projects from beginning to end;
- Define detailed project scope, goals and deliverables based on the commercial information;
- Be an integral part of the project team;
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals;
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members;
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using Cruden administrative tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables plus resources spent;
Required education and experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a project management capacity is an advantage;
- B.Sc. in mechanical / electrical engineering (or equivalent);
- Confident with PCs and networks;
- Able to generate new mechanical concepts;
- Commercial understanding is an advantage;
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines;
- Reactive to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently;
- Dutch speaking;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Valid driving license.
Please apply with covering letter and CV to email@example.com