All our simulators run on the Cruden Panthera software suite, which integrates perfectly with existing simulator hardware and HIL or SIL configurations. Panthera is now also available as a stand-alone desktop simulator application and for use with any motion system. For more detailed information, consult our software brochure.
Panthera uses high-end physics and an excellent rendering engine. It contains controllers for motion platforms, steering feedback, pedals, dashboard, audio etc. as well as a scripting engine to define and customize the simulation.
Panthera simulator software features include:
- Panthera Master – This is the main module of the simulator system. It times and controls the simulation, performs several monitoring tasks and executes interface liaison jobs for and between modules
- Session Manager – The main GUI for operating the simulator. Operators can set up a simulation by selecting a car, road and vehicle set-up. Once configured, a session can be controlled with a single mouse click for all hard and software modules involved
- ePhyse – This is a generic interface package that enables the use of (custom built) simulation models over a network. The default implementation is based on SIMULINK library extensions to control the configuration and state of the vehicle model that resides on the real time platform. Integrating dedicated vehicle dynamics packages, such as VI-CarRealTime, IPG Carmaker, CarSim, SIMPACK, VeDYNA, dSPACE ASM, AVL VSM, Dymola, is simple and straightforward through the ePhyse module
- Motion cueing & control loading force feedback interface and customization
- Platform tracking – with off-board projection systems, the motion platform position and orientation is tracked and the projected images adjusted accordingly. This can also be combined with head and/or eye-tracking
- Edge blending and warping – a built-in module that compensates for distortion when projecting onto an arbitrary shape surface. It also smoothly blends the edges of each area where projections overlap
- Panthera SISTer (Server for Interaction with Surfaces & Terrains) – this software determines how the tire contact patch interacts with the road either by multisampling with up to 49 intersection queries per wheel, or by driving directly on a dense point set with a spatial density down to 10 mm. This is done at a frequency of 1000 Hz or higher without additional computational costs to the vehicle model and with a latency of less than 2 ms
- Spectator view – TV-like coverage that enables engineers and spectators to follow the vehicle from different angles or through in-car camera coverage
- Data logging – for both your automotive simulator and your racing simulator, vehicle performance data can be exported into various data formats, including Matlab, or telemetry packages such as Motec, Darab, Wintax or Pi Toolbox
- Panthera Set-up Tool – For Cruden developed vehicle models, as well as Simulink compatible vehicle models, engineers can change almost all vehicle settings from a GUI, most of which at runtime
- GPS Tracker – the live timing package of the Panthera simulation environment. It shows a track map with the driver’s position on the virtual track, as well as (sector and total) times during a stint
- Interface to traffic and scenarios
We have introduced Panthera Free, a free version of our Panthera software suite.